Subject: Near infrared spectra

Near infrared spectra

From: Mark Clarke <markey>
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2000
Does anyone have (or have references to) Near IR spectra of
pigments?

The region I am interested in is 700-900 nanometers, and the
materials I am most urgently interested in are Lapis Lazuli, Indigo,
Azurite and Smalt.

Alternatively, has anyone got an instrument I could use to produce
them? Thanks,

Mark Clarke
Researching the materials and techniques of Anglo-Saxon Book
Production
+44 1223 354520
Fax: +44 1223 354521
College Address: Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, England CB2 1RH
Faculty: Dept. of Archaeology, University of Cambridge CB2 3DZ
Home: 22 Emery Street, Cambridge, England CB1 2AX

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 16, 2000