Subject: Funding for travel

Funding for travel

From: Margit J. Smith <mjps>
Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2000
    author.

Recently I was notified that my application for sabbatical leave for
the fall of 2000 was approved. My project will involve travel to
Europe to take bookbinding classes (hopefully at Centro del bel
libro, and Il Bisonte), possibly get some practical work with a
commercial bindery in England, and interview various bookbinders in
European countries about the changes to materials and procedures
that have been developed during the past twenty or so years.

Do any of you have recommendations for
organizations/institutions/agencies that I might approach for
funding help or grants for this type of undertaking?

Margit J. Smith, Asst. Prof.
Head of Technical Services
Copley Library
University of San Diego
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110-2492

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 2, 2000