Subject: Storing photographic materials

Storing photographic materials

From: Joice Himawan <jhimawan>
Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2000
Our Associate Librarian remembers reading a fairly recent
publication from NEDCC (technical notes type of thing) that says it
is okay to use *buffered* tissue for interleaving and folders for
storing photographs.  Since this is *not* the conventional wisdom
that I'm familiar with, I'd like to know (a) if this is true?  And
(b) if anybody can give me the reference info for this publication,
I'd appreciate it.

Joice Himawan
Conservator
Massachusetts Historical Society

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 2, 2000