Subject: Vegetable moss

Vegetable moss

From: Hilhne Delaunay <lndelaunay>
Date: Monday, January 17, 2000
I am a 5th year Conservation and Restauration student in the Art
School of Avignon (France). I am actually working on a mask from the
Malakula island in VANUATU (Melanesia), made of a reeds and bamboos
frame covered with a layer of vegetable moss; four faces are modeled
with vegetable coating and the all is then painted.

I would be pleased to know about others objects made with vegetable
moss, from the Pacific area and/or others part of the world, as this
seem to be rarely used.

Melle Delaunay Helene

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 2, 2000