Subject: Adhesive on stained glass

Adhesive on stained glass

From: Martin R. Carbone <mrcinc>
Date: Friday, January 28, 2000
Julie L. Sloan <jsloan [at] vgernet__net> writes

>I've got what I think is "hot glue" on the exterior of stained glass
>windows....
>...  Can anyone tell me how to remove the glue (a) in a studio
>environment from the glass only; and (b) on site (outside), from
>glass and lead came?

We have a micro-fiber cloth that should work. See them at
<URL:http://www.boxstar.com/>. Put the cloth over the glue and use a
tacking iron to heat the cloth--I think the glue will wick away. If
there is any residue--I think it can be removed with any of the
orange-oil based adhesive removers available in hardware stores.

Unfortunately, we are out of stock on these cloths--we sent thirty
samples in response to inquiries from this list and are waiting to
hear how these thirty made out before committing ourselves to a
large inventory. We have only one message as to the efficacy and
that person bought our last 10 cloths.

How about the other 29 people writing and telling me how you made
out?

Martin R. Carbone
1227 De La Vina St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
805-965-5574
Fax: 805-965-2414

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 2, 2000