Subject: Floor mats

Floor mats

From: Martin O'Brien <martinob>
Date: Saturday, January 29, 2000
M. Shaun McMurdie <mcmurdie.2 [at] osu__edu> writes

>We are in need of replacing our old "anti-fatigue" type floor mats;

I have used 3/8" thick closed-cell PVC foam mats for years.  They
are ribbed long their length and therefore are easier to sweep than
mats with heavily textured surfaces.  They are commonly referred to
as anti-fatigue mats.  Even though they nay not be rated as
chemically resistant, I have had no problem with minor spills of
things like lacquer thinner.  After 10 years, the first ones I
bought are starting to show the need for replacement.  Even with all
the new types of mats I have seen, I wouldn't think of using
anything else.  One source for these and other mats is Lab Safety
Supply Inc. <URL:http://www.labsafety.com>.

I purchased mine through a local rubber and gasket supplier.  Check
your yellow pages.

Martin O'Brien - Cabinetmaker
336-773-1334
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27101

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 2, 2000