Subject: Adhesive on stained glass

Adhesive on stained glass

From: Julie L. Sloan <jsloan>
Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2000
I've got what I think is "hot glue" on the exterior of stained glass
windows.  It's been there probably 10-15 years, exposed to the
weather.  On the south side of the building it has separated from
the lead, leaving a line on the glass only.  On the north side, it
still covers both the lead and the glass.  Some of the windows will
be removed to a studio for restoration, where the lead will be
replaced. Others will be left in place and need to be cleaned on
site.  Can anyone tell me how to remove the glue (a) in a studio
environment from the glass only; and (b) on site (outside), from
glass and lead came?

Julie L. Sloan
Stained Glass Consultant

                Distributed: Thursday, January 27, 2000