Subject: Mother of pearl

Mother of pearl

From: Sam Taylor <sam.taylor>
Date: Monday, January 24, 2000
I am currently working on a wooden gun stock which is decorated with
Mother of Pearl inlay. Some of the larger pieces of inlay have been
damaged, or have had pieces broken off and so are prone to
accumulate dirt and dust.  Consequently I am considering gap-filling
these areas in order to create a coherent surface. Could anyone who
has carried out similar treatments on Mother of Pearl let me know
what materials they used and how satisfactory were the results.

                Distributed: Thursday, January 27, 2000