Subject: Enamel and enamelac paints

Enamel and enamelac paints

From: Karine Corbier <truka>
Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2000
I am in charge of the restoration of two Ryman's pieces : enamel and
enamelac on cotton duck canvas, 1970. I have some difficulties to
find information about enamel and enamelac with regard to their
chemical compositions--Has someone made any analysis or have any
information regarding these materials ? The enamelac lay shows
important cracks, does someone have experiences with this kind of
alteration?

Karine Corbier, Student
Conservation Training Program
Avignon School of Art, France