Subject: Water purification

Water purification

From: Donia Conn <bookconservator>
Date: Friday, January 14, 2000
I am looking for a general opinion on different water purification
methods for paper conservation.  I am working on setting up paper
conservation services at a private practice and am trying to make a
decision on what water purification method to install.  I am more
interested in removing inorganics such as iron, copper etc. and have
decided to go with either a deionization system or a reverse osmosis
system.  I am not looking at using large quantities of water (at
most 20 g/day). Does anyone have any strong feelings about either
system?

Donia Conn
West Lake Conservators, Ltd.
PO Box 45