Subject: Coatings for outdoor sculpture

Coatings for outdoor sculpture

From: George Hagerty <ghagerty>
Date: Friday, January 14, 2000
I'm in the process of researching any new coatings that people may
know of, have tried, or can direct me to publications about for the
protection of outdoor sculpture composed of cast iron.

The objects are 2 large reproduction urns.  They have been
previously coated with an unidentified polyurethane based material.
This coating was only applied to the visible surfaces, has degraded
and the objects are beginning to corrode, primarily on the interior
sides of the castings.

                 Distributed: Friday, January 14, 2000