Subject: Removing adhesive residues

Removing adhesive residues

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Wednesday, January 5, 2000
On behalf of Valerie Lemorvanl, Catherine Dumas
<catherine.dumas [at] bnf__fr> writes

>    I am restoring several printed book (ca. 1863). Pages were
>    repaired with adhesive tapes. All tapes were removed by means of
>    different solvents or by scraping off by means of a scalpel.

Just wondering what solvents you used, MEK seems often to be quite
effective on self-adhesive tape residues that pick-up squares, etc
fail to remove.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service