Subject: Removing adhesive residues

Removing adhesive residues

From: Renate Mesmer <r.mesmer>
Date: Friday, January 7, 2000
On behalf of Valerie Lemorvanl, Catherine Dumas
<catherine.dumas [at] bnf__fr> writes

>    I am restoring several printed book (ca. 1863). Pages were
>    repaired with adhesive tapes. All tapes were removed by means of
>    different solvents or by scraping off by means of a scalpel.

To remove the sticky part try a rubber cement pick up. Another
Material that works pretty well is "Meerschaumstaub". The Attapulgit
(also called  "Fuller Erde") and the "Meerschaumstaub" you can order
from

    Kremer Pigmente
    Farbmuhle
    D-88317 Aichstetten/ Allgau