Subject: UV monitors

UV monitors

From: Lucy Commoner <commolu>
Date: Monday, January 10, 2000
I purchased a Minolta UV Radiometer UM-1 a number of years ago and
have found it to be very accurate.  The receptor heads are sold
separately and each one covers a different range of wavelengths. The
measurements are taken in milliwatt/square cm.  I do not know
whether this model is still manufactured.  Perhaps a  more recent
model is available now.

Lucy Commoner
Textile Conservator
Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum