Subject: Sailcloth

Sailcloth

From: Cyndie Lack <cyndielack>
Date: Friday, January 7, 2000

If the product she refers to as "1691A," available from Richard
Hayward (Div. of Heathcoat & Co.) is the same as the product I've
ordered as their Picture Restoration Cloth, R00169-Z, which is 205
cm wide, this is probably still the widest sailcloth suitable for
conservation purposes (uncoated) available anywhere.  Performance
Textiles, the U.S. distributor for Hayward's, informed me of this
when I last ordered it in 1998; this sailcloth is produced
specifically for conservators and thus, being manufactured
periodically, is not always in stock.   Further enquiries could be
directed to the Hayward Division of the Heathcoat web site:
<URL:http://www.heathcoat.co.uk/>.

                 Distributed: Monday, January 10, 2000