Subject: Limp paper bindings

Limp paper bindings

From: Simon Barcham Green <simongreen>
Date: Tuesday, December 28, 1999
Some readers will recall all our discussions dating back to
Cambridge 1980 and the various papers we produced under the
Renaissance name for limp paper binding. Time moves on and my wife
Maureen is now studying for an MA in the History of the Book at the
University of London. She has decided to research limp paper
bindings old and new and has asked me to try and contact you for
some information.

What she is after is:

    Details of any papers published on the history and practice of
    limp paper binding. related material on limp vellum or other
    paper bindings also would be very helpful.

    Your current views on the this technique as a modern and
    economic approach to a large problem. Did it ever take off? If
    so how, what results and benefits? What papers are being used
    for it? If not, why not?

    Any links to others in the field.

Any comments on the papers we produced and comparisons with others
developed for the same purposes.

One of the ironies of the Renaissance programme is that we seem to
have sold very little for limp paper binding. Most went to painters
and other artists. Incidentally we still have small amounts of
Renaissance II Imperial 200 lb NOT and Nefertiti Royal 40 lb NOT
(the blue version in end paper weight). Thanks in advance,

Simon Barcham Green

                  Distributed: Monday, January 3, 2000