Subject: Lighting glass objects

Lighting glass objects

From: Regula Mueller Shacham <shamue>
Date: Sunday, January 2, 2000
It came to my knowledge, that there are new researches about
lighting glass objects. With optic fibers or cool light I went up to
300 lux. It seems, that after new researches only 50 to 150 lux are
allowed. That counts also for not damaged, not restored and even for
modern glass. Can someone inform me about new articles, books or
research-reports, or do you know an address of an institution, which
is specialized in glass objects?

Regula Mueller Shacham
Conservator
Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem