Subject: Dermestids and musical instruments

Dermestids and musical instruments

From: Sally Shelton <shelton.sally>
Date: Monday, December 20, 1999
The following appeared in ENTOMO-L is reproduced here without the
knowledge or consent of the author.

    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

    I was approached by a repair technician of musical instruments
    about damage he sees of felt pads and hair bow strings by what I
    assume are dermestids. Can anyone offer some information on the
    possible cause and prevention?

    Scott R. Campbell
    Entomologist
    Suffolk County Department of Health Services
    Yaphank, NY

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 22, 1999