Subject: Not-for-profit status

Not-for-profit status

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe>
Date: Sunday, December 12, 1999
Kenneth P. Eschete <k-eschete [at] nwu__edu> writes

>Is it possible for a non-profit institution to raise revenue by
>performing conservation treatments for other institutions, without
>threatening the non-profit status?

My accountant's advice in a nutshell was: "You can't take any
"profit" out of a not-for-profit (please note the more correct term)
business."

A not-for-profit gallery, charity, or other corporation must bring
in money to survive. The real practical question is how the incoming
money is distributed. I'm sure you'll get excellent advice from your
own accountant; it's worth the call to set up the system properly.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems & Forever Yours Bridal Gown Preservation

                 Distributed: Friday, December 17, 1999