Subject: Barrier materials used in framing

Barrier materials used in framing

From: Emily Gilbert <emily_gilbert>
Date: Tuesday, December 7, 1999
I am currently researching materials used as a barrier between the
back of a mount and the backboard of a frame (usually oil tempered
hardboard). I am currently looking at the effects of using melinex,
aluminium foil, 'marvelseal' and 'moistop'; if anyone has any
comments on these or any other materials, or on techniques of using
them and sealing up frames, I would be very grateful to hear.

Emily Gilbert
Paper conservator
The National Museum and Galleries of Wales
Cathays Park
Cardiff CF1 3NP
UK

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 12, 1999