Subject: FujiFilm Pictrostat 300

FujiFilm Pictrostat 300

From: Hans Drieman <hdr>
Date: Monday, December 6, 1999
In the Institute of Social History in Amsterdam we have lately
bought a "Fujifilm Instant Color Print System": the Pictrostat 300.
When visitors want to have a copy of a photograph, we now make this
on the Pictrostat instead of the original way of developing a new
photograph.

In a folder of Fujifilm they tell us: "The Pictrostat 300 employs a
revolutionary new processing method that requires no chemicals. Its
"semi-dry" system works on a completely unique principle called
Thermal Development and Transfer Technology. All that's needed is a
small amount of water to moisten the Donor. By eliminating the need
for chemicals, Fujifilm has created a color imaging system that's
quick, clean and safe for both operators and the environment." The
URL of FujiFilm is:

    <URL:http://home.fujifilm.com/products/digital/pictro/
        p3000/spec.html>

    **** Moderator's comments: The URL above has been wrapped for
    email; there is no newline

They never talk about the durability of these "prints". Looking
through a 30 x magnifier you can't see pixels. Is there somebody who
knows about aging tests or other reports for this material?

Hans Drieman
International Institute of Social History
Department Collection Care and Restoration
Cruquiusweg 31
1019 AT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
+31 20 6685866