Subject: Printer inks

Printer inks

From: Deborah Rohan <county.records.cambridge>
Date: Tuesday, December 7, 1999
Sally Woodcock <sally [at] sawoodcock__freeserve__co__uk> writes

>... Has anyone any
>sources of information on the longevity of modern laser or ink-jet
>printing inks?  It would be interesting to find out how they compare
>to photographic colour prints or other methods of reproduction.  Are
>some colours more or less fugitive than others?

Ms. Kathy Orlenko gave a very informative talk on modern printers
and their inks at the I.P.C.'s international conference in London in
1997. I believe it is available in the I.P.C.'s postprints, but I
don't know if it is online. When she gave the talk she was working
at the National Archives Pacific Sierra Region, at San Bruno, Ca.,
and hopefully still is, unless she has gone on to higher things; so
if you can't find it published, you might ask her about it.

    **** Moderator's comments: Kathy is no longer at NARA; her
    current contact info is in the ConsDir
    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/misc/people/>

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 12, 1999