Subject: Printer inks

Printer inks

From: Sally Woodcock <sally>
Date: Thursday, December 2, 1999
After last being seen by the public in 1941, a massive canvas by
John Singleton Copley is finally on show, fully conserved, at the
Guildhall Art Gallery in London.  We are now writing up a similarly
mammoth report and would like it to last.  We intend to scan in
colour photographs, slides etc., and print them out. Has anyone any
sources of information on the longevity of modern laser or ink-jet
printing inks?  It would be interesting to find out how they compare
to photographic colour prints or other methods of reproduction.  Are
some colours more or less fugitive than others?  It is something I
know nothing about and would be very grateful for some information.

                 Distributed: Friday, December 3, 1999