Subject: Surveys

Surveys

From: Peter D. Verheyen <pdverhey>
Date: Monday, November 29, 1999
    author.

The Preservation Committee of the Central New York Library Resource
Council (CLRC) is beginning the planning process for a NYS
discretionary grant application in 2000.

I have a copy of the survey used by South Central and Cornell
University when I was there and did many of the site visits. What
I'm wondering, and hoping, is if there are other surveys which have
been used and which you would be willing to share.

We would be targeting smaller regional and local historical
agencies, museums, and libraries. The survey we will be sending will
be used gather information on the organization, environment, issues,
known problems, and concerns. We would follow up the survey with a
site visit and use that information to then help them plan for
future preservation related grants.

If anyone has information they would be willing to share, please
contact me off list at verheyen [at] philobiblon__com.

Peter D. Verheyen
Special Collections Preservation & Access Librarian / Conservator
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244

                Distributed: Thursday, December 2, 1999