Subject: Sharpening board shears

Sharpening board shears

From: Katharine Wagner <wagnerk>
Date: Wednesday, November 24, 1999
Karen Sinkule <sinkulek [at] mail__nlm__nih__gov> writes

>The National Library of Medicine is trying to locate a vendor in the
>Washington, DC - Baltimore area who has experience  sharpening
>board shear blades for conservation or book repair labs.

We use
    L. Hardy
    17 Mill Street
    Worcester, MA 01603
    508-756-1511

They are not in the D.C. area but shipping the blades is not
difficult.  Their turn around time is a week.  I recently spoke with
them and they are closed from December 17th - the beginning of
January.

Katie Wagner
Georgetown University Law Library
Conservation Department