Subject: Sculpture

Sculpture

From: Shelley Reisman Paine <srpaine>
Date: Sunday, November 21, 1999
I am working with a contemporary artist on the materials she uses
for her sculpture. Her works are made from fabric stiffened with
animal skin glue and reinforced with electrical wire. Does anyone
have a good source for a wire with a stable coating, the gauge
varies.  She is now using 14 AWG for 600 volts electrical wire. We
are also testing a series of matte coatings. We are trying various
combinations of B-67, F-10, and a few others.  We want it clear,
matte, and easy to clean and/or remove. Any suggestions?

Shelley Reisman Paine
Sculpture conservator

                Distributed: Tuesday, November 23, 1999