Subject: Great Restorations Convention 2000

Great Restorations Convention 2000

From: John Swahn <swahn1>
Date: Tuesday, November 16, 1999
Great Restorations Convention 2000
London March 19-25, 2000
Sponsored by The International Association of Antique Restorers

Promoted and designed for its members and members of

    *   BAFRA (British Antique Furniture Restorers Association)
    *   Premiere Service Group
    *   Canadawide Claims Services
    *   Restorations Centers (Hotline)
    *   The South African Guild of Ceramics Restorers
    *   International Society of Appraisers
    *   The CPPC  (Claims Prevention and Procedures Council)
    *   Professional Refinishing Magazine

In March 2000, Americans professional restorers will gather in
London for the first time to exchange ideas and techniques with
their British counterparts. This is an opportunity to hear from
experts in a variety of restorations pursuits in the United Kingdom
and to discuss the trade directly with them. There will be something
for everyone.

Have you ever wanted to tour Sotheby's Restoration Workshop? Here is
your chance, the first 40 people to sign up have this once in a
lifetime opportunity. Maybe wood not your thing, other tours include
Leather conservation research lab and studio. Interested in how
China and Porcelain is restored for UKIC visit some of there members
studios and classrooms.

Unlike other conventions we have already made arrangements for your
spouse while your attending the programs, your companion can be off
with a group sightseeing or touring.

Since you have come all this way you may want to enjoy what Europe
has to offer, we have added post convention packages including:
Staying in London, Liverpool, Scotland, Ireland or Paris.

The Basic Package includes:

    *   Round-trip Airfare to London and transfers
    *   Five nights in a Executive twin room
    *   English Breakfast (not just a danish & coffee, more food
        then you can eat)
    *   Panoramic sightseeing tour of London with private motor
        coach and guide
    *   Welcome reception with our British counterparts;
    *   Transportation and tickets to a London theaters production
    *   Transportation and admission to the British Antique
        Associations Fair
    *   Discounts  for members of any of the above associations,
        early registration
    *   Free travel insurance and discounts on optional tours, plus
        more

Complete tours from the New York start from only at $ 1300, prices
available from any airport ($ 1450 from West Coast) Sorry due to
limited space and people attending from Europe we need to limited
this to the first 250 participants from the US so reserve your space
early,

Over 16 hours of sessions with 11 expert speakers.. Subjects include
but not limited to: Furniture, ceramics, glass, textiles, and other
specialized restoration topics.

All our speakers are experts in there field, here is just a taste:

    *   Lynne Kelly.  Chairman of the UKIC (United Kingdom Institute
        for Conservation)

    *   Michael Barrington. Chairman of BASRA and treasurer of the
        National Council of Conservation/Restoration.

    *   Gram Childs, former head of Southbys , recognized as the
        foremost experts in all or Europe.

    *   Paul Atterbury, an outstanding speaker and a regular member
        of the Antiques Road Show.

    *   Mr. Thomson ,head of Leather Conservation Center at the
        University College Campus.

Discussion topics include

    *   Conservation versus Restorations
    *   Pricing your work - What is your time worth
    *   Office Technology- Development of software and hardware to
        make managing your company easier

Contact

    Bryan Tours
    bryantours [at] aol__com

You can charge your trip to any major credit card
or for more information log on to
<URL:http://www.AntiqueRestorers.com/>

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 17, 1999