Subject: Paste cooker

Paste cooker

From: Crawford Carol <crawford>
Date: Monday, November 15, 1999
Rebecca Donnan <r-donnan [at] nga__gov> writes

> Our Tefal "cook and stir" that we use for making starch paste is
> dying. We have been told that they are no longer made

this since this company stopped making this "Cook and Stir" in
Canada a few years back. When I worked at the Library of Congress we
found no substitute for is product in America but a similar machine
is sold through department stores in France and I have known a few
people including the Library who got them from people traveling in
France. The problems are they cost about $40.00 American, you need a
$50.00 step up step down transformer to use them and they are not as
powerful . You can not make as much paste but if you cook in small
batches then by all means, find someone on staff going to France. I
can send you information about the transformer and even our modified
paste recipe if you do go this route. Good luck,

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 17, 1999