Subject: Paste cooker

Paste cooker

From: Bas van Velzen <eland>
Date: Saturday, November 13, 1999
Rebecca Donnan <r-donnan [at] nga__gov> writes

> Our Tefal "cook and stir" that we use for making starch paste is
> dying. We have been told that they are no longer made

Paste cookers or better "saucier", under the SEB and Tefal brand
name are sold everywhere in France. Overhere in Amsterdam they are
sold by :

    Duikelman kitchenware
    Ferdinand Bolstraat 68
    1072 LM
    Amsterdam
    +31 20 671 22 30

A saucier will set you back about $75 to $85. Today's models feature
an eggtimer function and they come in an ugly brown. An expensive
alternative to the saucier is the Vorwerk Thermomix that acts also
as a scale and has a precise temperature regulation and a timer. I
do not know suppliers, they cost $400+. I have seen one in the
British library workshop they might help you further.

Bas van Velzen
Jonge Eland papierrestauratie
Amsterdam

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 17, 1999