Subject: Deacidification

Deacidification

From: Rob Atkinson <atkinson>
Date: Thursday, October 21, 1999
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

A senior member of the Laboratory staff has asked me for information
on products for the deacidification of books.  He is interested in a
spray solution and something that can be poured into a tray in which
paper can be dipped.  When I was at Vanderbilt University 12 or 13
years ago we used these sorts of chemicals but I cannot remember who
made them or where we got them.  I also thought perhaps something
better has come along.  If you have any recommendations I would
appreciate getting them.  I need to know what form the product comes
in, how much it costs per volume and the name and address of the
company that manufactures it and of course if there is anything else
you would like to mention I am glad to get that too. I am also going
to take a look at our copy of Thomas Register.  Thanks in advance
for your help,

Rob Atkinson
Library
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory