Subject: Archive conservation

Archive conservation

From: Elizabeth Goins <goinses>
Date: Monday, October 18, 1999
    author.

This message is posted on behalf of Brain McCandles

    I am the librarian at the Cecil County Historical Society and
    have responsibility for preservation, restoration, etc of
    printed matter.  We recently acquired a load of valuable papers
    back to the late 17th century--they are the letters of
    reference and emigration papers of a Scot who became a leading
    educator in our county.  Can you tell me what I should or
    shouldn't be doing to these papers to properly store them--are
    there plastic or paper or other sleeves or folders I can put
    these documents in? Right now they are spread out on a table.
    Maybe you know of a manual I could read for guidance?

    Brain McCandles
    bem [at] udel__edu

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 20, 1999