Subject: Coals

Coals

From: Lindsay Allason-Jones <l.allason-jones>
Date: Wednesday, October 20, 1999
I have been asked to contribute the section on jet, shale, cannel
coal, detrital coals, lignite, and bog oak to English Heritage's
Archaeotechnology Review. This is intended to summarize what we know
about the use of different materials in the past but the
contributors have also been asked to include a section on the latest
thinking regarding the conservation of the materials. Can I ask if
anyone has any references and/or recommendations regarding the
conservation of objects of jet, shale, coals, lignite and bog oak?

Lindsay Allason-Jones

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 20, 1999