Subject: Tape for lantern slides

Tape for lantern slides

From: Lydia C. Egunnike <l.egunnike>
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 1999
We have a large collection of very beautiful hand coloured lantern
slides in conservation at present. On a significant number of the
slides, the original black tape binding has deteriorated causing the
2 sheets of glass to separate. I have a hazy recollection from my
college days that it was possible to purchase an archival equivalent
to this tape. We would prefer not to use Filmoplast. I was hoping
someone out there might know what I mean and be able to suggest a
supplier or perhaps have some cunning alternate solution.

Lydia Egunnike
Senior Conservator
Preservation Services
State Library of Queensland