Subject: Dry ice

Dry ice

From: Lynn Campbell <lynn.campbell>
Date: Friday, October 1, 1999
We are a provincial art museum and we are having an opening where
the use of Dry Ice(Carbon Dioxide) has been suggested. The
conservation department is concerned for a couple of reasons:

    1.  It is likely to travel throughout the gallery spaces via the
        air conditioning

    2.  It may set off out VESDA fire detection system

    3.  This type of Dry Ice can only be seen with the use of lasers.

Has anyone any comments on using this material?

Lynn Campbell
Conservator

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 5, 1999