Subject: Leather chaps

Leather chaps

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe>
Date: Friday, October 1, 1999
Krista Cooke <museum [at] cancom__net> writes

>Any suggestions regarding coatings for the metal, leather
>treatments, and possible removal of glue and yarn. Also, should the
>chaps be frozen (we have no fumigation hood)?

The use of a container containing Corrosion Intercept film might be
of some use. The active copper molecules in the film will not only
protect the metal, but may also provide some protection from
bacteria and mould. Corrosion Intercept is now available as a
polypropylene/copper "corrugated" material for boxmaking.

A further option is storage in an oxygen-free environment which will
destroy any insect activity, and (after some months) may also
destroy some mould spores. We carry a barrier film (Polyproof 2000)
that provides excellent oxygen and moisture barrier characteristics
and an inner Corrosion Intercept liner. The barrier film envelope
could be made with a transparent front (Escal), and would still
provide the same protection. Please visit our online catalogue for
more information <URL:http://www.gowncare.com/~keepsafe/>

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems &
Forever Yours Bridal Gown Preservation