Subject: Biox

Biox

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Friday, September 24, 1999
Paul Harrison <paulehar [at] netvigator__com> writes

>Tidying up my chemical supplies, I found a bottle of Biox (sold by
>Frank Joel to show how old it was) I tried it out on a 55-year old,
>large, rusty iron bolt and it stripped the corrosion off very well.
>It claims to do this biologically, can anyone explain further?

Biox was originally developed for use on deep sea diving gear,
particularly on the head gear and breathing apparatus and was one of
the few cleaners approved by the Lloyds Register for this purpose.

Over a decade ago we took over the marketing and worldwide sales of
the Biox Conservation range of cleaning products.

There are two versions of the product, both will remove rust,
tarnish and verdigris safely and easily from iron, copper, brass and
aluminium and are non-toxic.

Biox Conservation liquid is designed to be used as an immersion
product and may not be used where there are dissimilar metals
present. After use treated surfaces should ideally be protected
using a suitable sealant, wax or polish.

Biox Conservation gel can be applied to a variety of metal surfaces
large and small and has for many years been used most effectively by
several collections in the cleaning of modern and historical
weaponry, clocks and jewellery, tools and industrial equipment and
heavy machinery (such as some WW2 tanks and aircraft).

Full material safety data and chemical composition info is available
from our offices here in England (Fax +44 1865 747035) and from
Springfield, Virginia +1 703 321 0629).

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources (UK) Ltd
Cowley, Oxford, England

               Distributed: Thursday, September 30, 1999