Subject: Rubberbands and microfilm

Rubberbands and microfilm

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Thursday, September 23, 1999
This is a two-part question.

    1.  Should rubberbands be used to keep microfilm rolls tight? (I
        feel confident that the answer is no).

    2.  Do microfilm rolls that are in the little boxes, which are
        in turn in file drawers, need to have something around them
        to keep them tight?  If they do need to be kept tight, then
        what do others out there use instead of rubberbands, *if* in
        fact the answer to the first part of my question is no.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me,

Sue Dunlap
Preservation Manager
College of Wooster Libraries
College of Wooster
Wooster OH 44691-2364
330-263-2107
Fax: 330-263-2253

               Distributed: Thursday, September 23, 1999