Subject: Position in Atlanta

Position in Atlanta

From: Melinda Massey <mmassey>
Date: Friday, September 10, 1999
Freelance sculpture conservator
Needed immediately for short-term project

I need to hire a sculpture or objects conservator for repair (from
minor to serious) of a 40-piece folk art sculpture exhibit.  The
sculptures range from 2 to 12 feet tall.  Most are around 8 feet.
They originate from many different countries, and the materials are
diverse.  A thorough report has been written by a conservator from
England who regularly worked on the exhibit while it toured Europe.
The report includes information on construction, damage, recommended
treatment, and estimate of hours for each piece.  Three of the
pieces could use a ceramics restorer, and two could use a textile
conservator.  It would be great if one person had all these skills,
but I am not opposed to hiring separate conservators, based on their
specialty.

The exhibit is being stored temporarily in the US.  They would be
working in a warehouse in Atlanta, Georgia, and will need to provide
their own tools and materials.  The repair will take a few weeks,
and must be completed by the end of this year.  It does not have to
be completed all at once (could be done a week at a time, or
something like that).   I will work closely with the conservator,
and make decisions on the scope of each repair.  They must be
willing to keep me informed and must be open to me being involved in
the process/supervising.

Interested people should send their resume (including rates,
specialties and references) to

    Melinda Massey
    Fax: 404-515-2245
    mmassey [at] na__ko__com

Melinda Massey

               Distributed: Thursday, September 16, 1999