Subject: Mud mortar

Mud mortar

From: Lorraine Schnabel <schnabel>
Date: Tuesday, September 7, 1999
I am looking for recipes for mud/lime mortars to use in stabilizing
an existing archeological site (brick and stone masonry). The
original mortars were mud-lime-sand, and we have done some analysis,
but are interested in any historic recipes anyone might have. The
site is currently and will remain protected from the environment.

Lorraine Schnabel
John Milner Associates, Inc.

               Distributed: Thursday, September 16, 1999