Subject: Skin Deep Newsletter

Skin Deep Newsletter

From: David M. Lanning <david>
Date: Tuesday, September 14, 1999
This edition (Skin Deep no. 8)) sees part 1 of an article, 'Good
Books, Sound Binding' by Arthur W. Johnson a valued contributor to
Skin Deep.  And continuing our series on bookbinding organisations,
Peter Verheyen has supplied us with a very informative article on
the American Guild of Book Workers.  We also bring you part 8 in the
ongoing  saga, 'The Manufacture of Leather' and of course we have
included  our regular items including an 1800's poem, 'The
Bookbinder's Lament'. Please enjoying reading this edition of Skin
Deep at <URL:http://www.hewit.com/skindeep.htm>

David M. Lanning
Sales Director
J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. - London
+44 20 8965 5377
Fax: +44 8453 0414

               Distributed: Thursday, September 16, 1999