Subject: Source for cellulose ethers

Source for cellulose ethers

From: Bent Sorensen <beritogbent>
Date: Friday, September 3, 1999
Kim Travis <kim.travis [at] slm__admin__ch> writes

>I am having trouble locating a company that has the following
>cellulose ether derivatives:  CMC (sodium carboxymethyl cellulose -
>1 brand name being "Blanose") and HPC (hydroxypropyl cellulose -
>"Klucel" and specifically "G").

Try Kremer for the Klucel. I bought some from them. Perhaps they
also have the other sort you are looking for. The Kremer home page
is: <URL:http://www.kremer-pigmente.com/>. Its a postal order
company and they deliver within 48 hours.

Berit Moller
Paintings conservator, Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen.

                 Distributed: Friday, September 3, 1999