Subject: Vomitus

Vomitus

From: Victoria Susan White <vswhite>
Date: Wednesday, September 1, 1999
The following appeared on SLIS-L and is reproduced here without the
knowledge or consent of the author.

    Date: 31 Aug 1999
    From: Kira Moore <kbmoore [at] indiana__edu>

    How do we get an old, disgusting cat vomit stain out of a book?

    My fiance and I have a couple old textbooks which we're keeping
    around for both sentimental reasons and reference purposes, and
    we just discovered much to our dismay that one of our cats had
    puked on them, probably several months ago, and it had soaked
    into the edges of the pages fairly badly. Is there any
    particular fluid we should use to clean it up?

    Kira Moore
    MLS student but not a preservation expert :)

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 1, 1999