Subject: Lab design

Lab design

From: Eugene K. Dy <m1abrams>
Date: Friday, August 27, 1999
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as
    well

I'm a student of architecture in the Philippines and I'm looking for
some information about conservation labs, particularly on its
dimension and its facilities. This is regarding my senior project
which is entitled "the Philippine World War II Memorial Museum"
which, will be devoted to the remembrance, recollection, and deeper
understanding on an era we considered as the darkest chapter in
human history. If you can elaborate more about issues concerning
conservation labs in connection to museum design, I'll be very
grateful. The information that I hope I can get are things like
facilities that might affect the size of the room, the orientation
of the room and its relationships to other important areas in the
museum and, I want to know of there is such a formula or a system
wherein one can determine the gross area of a conservation room.
Hoping for your kind assistance,

Eugene Dy

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 1, 1999