Subject: Outdoor bronze

Outdoor bronze

From: Julian Mosquera <jumosquera>
Date: Friday, August 27, 1993
I ask for your help about restoration of bronzes (outdoors), because
I intend to start some conservation works in a bronze sculpture. I
need bibliography about manufacturer's technique and what kind of
tests are relevant to find the materials at the surface of the
bronze (wax, pigments, corrosion, and "desired patina" (this is a
part of manufacturer technique? or simply a protection coating?). My
problem is that I live in a small city of Colombia (South America)
and here [information about this doesn't exist].

Julian Mosquera
Fax: +57 28 200214

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 1, 1999