Subject: Densitometer

Densitometer

From: Atwood Cathy <atwooc>
Date: Monday, August 30, 1999
Julie Bullock <jbullock [at] mdah__state__ms__us> writes

>Our 1979 Macbeth densitometer is on its last legs, and I need some
>advice about what current brands would provide accurate results to
>ensure that our microfilm is of archival quality. Does anyone have a
>testimonial they would be willing to share, or know of a "consumer
>reports"-type site that would compare relative values of
>densitometers?

The head of our micrographics unit says:

    "We have two Houston Fearless Extek 4004 Densitometers.  They
    seem to work very well, and offer dependable calibration with
    little operator intervention.  We had a 4010 Densitometer (HF
    Extex) that I would not recommend.  Apparently the factory has
    had a lot of problems with this model."

Cathy Atwood
Missouri Secretary of State's Office

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 1, 1999