Subject: Wood furniture damaged in transport

Wood furniture damaged in transport

From: Jennifer Roberts <jl.roberts>
Date: Monday, August 23, 1999
This is posted on behalf of Joe Bolger who is not on the list, but I
will forward any messages.  My background is in paper, not wood
furniture.

He has some furniture which was damaged in transport. I would
describe the problem essentially as follows: rosewood furniture from
Pakistan (dining room set, book shelves, tv stand etc.) which was
stuck for several weeks in humid and damp conditions in Karachi
port. The movers in Pakistan wrapped the pieces tightly in
corrugated cardboard which resulted in the cardboard being 'baked'
on to the furniture. He has had some success removing card board
residue, but much remains.  The furniture was hand polished by the
local vendor/manufacturer in Pakistan but I don't know what they
used. Basically he wants to know how (if it is possible) to remove
the remaining cardboard residue without damaging the furniture any
more. Any ideas would be appreciated on how to do so.

Jennifer Roberts

                 Distributed: Tuesday, August 24, 1999