Subject: Ivory

Ivory

From: Cargill Jeff <jcargill>
Date: Monday, August 23, 1999
Jens Kauth <jenskauthd [at] aol__com>, on behalf of Eva Gonzalez Sales,
writes

>    I would like to ask if someone has experience on "animal pest"
>    and damage on ivory.

These small, light-white insects sound like "book lice" to me, if I
could see a picture I could be more accurate, if this could be
arranged. If it is book lice then they shouldn't affect/attack the
ivory itself. I hope this is of help.

Jeff Cargill
Archives Conservator
Buckinghamshire Record Office