Subject: Polyester film converters

Polyester film converters

From: Atwood Cathy <atwooc>
Date: Thursday, August 19, 1999
We are looking for polyester film converters in order to buy 3 mil
and 4 mil sheets and rolls.  Sometimes we need film that is a width
between the 40 and 60 inches that "archival" suppliers handle, and
sometimes we just need larger quantities than is economical from the
usual vendors.

One possible converter is Filmquest (St. Charles, IL; 888-PET-FILM;
contact John Felinski).  John says there is usually a 500 pound
minimum order but that could be waived for archive customers.  He is
knowledgeable about the specifications for film that is used for
encapsulation, and their company would not substitute another brand.

Are there other converters who can be recommended for a 200-300
pound order?

Related to this topic, I have been told that DuPont (maker of Mylar
Type D) bought out ICI (maker of Melinex 516).  Apparently both
brands are available now, but that may change.

Cathy Atwood
Missouri Secretary of State's Office

                  Distributed: Friday, August 20, 1999