Subject: Backing board

Backing board

From: Konstanze Bachmann <bachmko>
Date: Wednesday, August 11, 1999
Patricia Smithen <patricia.smithen [at] tate__org__uk> writes

>Has anyone out there tested, used or seen any transparent, rigid
>material that might be suitable for use as a backing board for a
>painting?  I would like to try a number of materials before I decide
>if any are practical for use at our institution.

We have used a semi-transparent material, Coroplast Corrugated
Sheeting (Polypropylene Copolymer); with pigments, additives, and
stabilizers fully encapsulated in resin.  The sheets are somewhat
flexible and not totally transparent, if that is the main concern.
you can obtain more information at <URL:http://www.coroplast.com/>.

                  Distributed: Monday, August 16, 1999