Subject: Hook and loop fasteners

Hook and loop fasteners

From: George Bailey <george_bailey>
Date: Friday, July 30, 1999
The following request has been posted on behalf of Kate Douglas, one
of the AWM's work experience students.

    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to
    k.douglas [at] student__canberra__edu__au

    I am a conservation student at the university of Canberra who is
    doing a research project on the stability of hook and loop
    fasteners for use in conservation.  I am wishing to compare
    products from different manufacturers but unfortunately I am
    having some trouble getting samples of certain 3M products and
    need them urgently.

    I was wondering if anyone has rolls of the following products
    and if they could provide me with a sample.I would be quite
    happy to pay for the cost of the tapes and the postage.

    The products are:

    *   Scotchmate plain sew on hook and loop fastener (in white)

    *   Scotchmate VHB acrylic adhesive hook and loop fastener (in
        white).

    *   Dual lock: plain (in black)

    *   Dual lock (black) with VHB acrylic adhesive

    Ideally I would like about 3 meters of each project to complete
    all of my analysis.  But even a small amount of about 10 cm
    would help.

    Kate Douglas
    <k.douglas [at] student__canberra__edu__au>

George Bailey
Objects Conservator
Australian War Memorial
Treloar Centre for Conservation